[TriLUG] apple mac books and ipp

Ralph Blach chipperb at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 2 09:20:30 EST 2010

Cristóbal

I have a fedora x86_64 machine, running the latest cups.

I did a wire shark trace and saw the ipp broadcast going out to the network.

Below is my cusd.conf

MaxLogSize 1m
LogLevel warn
SystemGroup sys root
# Allow remote access
Port 631
Listen /var/run/cups/cups.sock
# Enable printer sharing and shared printers.
Browsing On
BrowseOrder allow,deny
BrowseAllow all
BrowseRemoteProtocols CUPS
BrowseAddress @LOCAL
BrowseLocalProtocols cups
DefaultAuthType Basic
<Location />
   # Allow shared printing and remote administration...
   Order allow,deny
   Allow all
</Location>
<Location /admin>
   # Allow remote administration...
   Order allow,deny
   Allow all
</Location>
<Location /admin/conf>
   AuthType Default
   Require user @SYSTEM
   # Allow remote access to the configuration files...
   Order allow,deny
   Allow all
</Location>
<Policy default>
<Limit Send-Document Send-URI Hold-Job Release-Job Restart-Job
Purge-Jobs Set-Job-Attributes Create-Job-Subscription Renew-Subscription
Cancel-Subscription Get-Notifications Reprocess-Job Cancel-Current-Job
Suspend-Current-Job Resume-Job CUPS-Move-Job CUPS-Get-Document>
     Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
     Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer CUPS-Delete-Printer CUPS-Add-Modify-Class
CUPS-Delete-Class CUPS-Set-Default CUPS-Get-Devices>
     AuthType Default
     Require user @SYSTEM
     Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit Pause-Printer Resume-Printer Enable-Printer Disable-Printer
Pause-Printer-After-Current-Job Hold-New-Jobs Release-Held-New-Jobs
Deactivate-Printer Activate-Printer Restart-Printer Shutdown-Printer
Startup-Printer Promote-Job Schedule-Job-After CUPS-Accept-Jobs
CUPS-Reject-Jobs>
     AuthType Default
     Require user @SYSTEM
     Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit Cancel-Job CUPS-Authenticate-Job>
     Require user @OWNER @SYSTEM
     Order deny,allow
</Limit>
<Limit All>
     Order deny,allow
</Limit>
</Policy>
<Policy authenticated>
<Limit Create-Job Print-Job Print-URI>
   AuthType Default
   Order deny,allow
</Limit>
[...]
BrowseWebIF No

And here is the results of the netstat -a showing that ipp is listening
on all ports

tcp        0      0 *:ipp
*:*                         LISTEN

Chip