[TriLUG] PoE cameras (for security) and software to record them

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 15:30:04 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:27 PM, David McDowell <turnpike420 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any suggestions out there for the hardware and software?  I would prefer the
> software be open source, linux based and hopefully easy to use, but I'll
> take options for open source on win, lin or mac.

At $WORK-1, we had the Panasonic BL-C111A.  It was networked, so you
didn't need a PC, though for archival you could set something up.
Note that it has a motion/heat sensor so you don't have to record
indiscriminately.  I don't think they're POE, but they're cheap.  The
POE cameras I saw in my $SEARCH were $400 more.

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com