[TriLUG] Need secondary DNS provider

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:45:41 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 09:36, Mark Turner <jmarkturner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got a bunch 'o domains that need a secondary DNS server. Anyone know of
> a local free (or nearly so) provider where I can use as a secondary server?

God forbid you actually get an answer to your question Mark, but i'll
buck the trend and hopefully answer what you're looking for.

Zoneedit is great and free for < 5 domains.  Here is billing info for
> 5 domains:  http://zoneedit.com/doc/faq.html#faq13

DurableDNS is what we use @ work for our external stuff:
http://durabledns.com/  Pricing info on front page.  Bryan is *great*
about returning emails and support.

EasyDNS is what I was using for my domain until i got cheap and moved
it over to zoneedit.  http://www.easydns.com   Never had any issues,
and record changes get out *fast*.

There are a bunch of google hits for secondary dns hosting but these
are the only ones i have experience with.