[TriLUG] Android Phone vs iPhone vs other smartphones

Lee Fickenscher elfick at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 20:54:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:42 PM, Adam Gregory <arcaneadam at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> It's on ATT. Even when I was just on my blackjack and only using the
> internet sparingly I would get locked out and dropped forcing me to reboot
> just to pick up internet connection again. Also 3g coverage was ok as best.

This must have been a blackjack issue as I've never had to do this with my
iphone in the over 2 years (my contract just expired) that I've had it. I
consistently get 3G in the triangle almost everywhere that I can recall (I
don't test specific speed though). I live in Durham, work in Chapel Hill,
and spend time in Raleigh and pretty much anywhere between and around those
3 points.