[TriLUG] CarolinaCon - March 19-21 <- this weekend!

Steve Pinkham steve.pinkham at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 22:07:30 EDT 2010

Brian Phelps wrote:
> You misspelled Steve Ballmer
>
>>   Why Linux is Bad for Business
>>   - wxs

Nah, wxs is a FreeBSD kinda guy.  I've heard him rant on similar things
before, and expect to hear more of the "FreeBSD is designed as a system,
Linux is hippies throwing things at the wall and see what sticks" kind
of rants.  I can guarantee there will be some good points, and a whole
lot of flailing about.

Here's his talk abstract from the CarolinaCon site, if you're interested:

wxs | Why Linux is Bad For Business
In this talk I will spend no more than an hour bashing Linux and telling
people why it's a bad choice for business. You can expect some profanity
and pooh flinging from me. I will cover topics involving the GPL and
it's inherent flaws for commercial use, the development cycle and it's
shortcomings and the general insanity that is the Linux kernel community
and then compare it to other offerings, both closed and open source. One
hour is probably a bit long for the talk but I can fill it in if people
want to debate such things with me

--
  | Steven Pinkham, Security Researcher    |
  | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |