[TriLUG] Android Phone vs iPhone vs other smartphones

Dave Sorenson sorenson at uffdaa.com
Thu Mar 18 10:01:03 EDT 2010

Google maps natch.. comes with the phone though will probably have an
update available. PDANet to tether your laptop to the 3G connection
through your phone. While not free after trial (it still works, you just
cannot connect to encrypted sites) worth every penny.. Connectbot is a
nice little terminal client for emergencies.

If you Ebay, get Pkt Auction.. nicely done app. Google Sky is a cool
show off your phone app that maps the location of stars and planets
based on the direction you point the phone. Bubble is a cool app that
turns phone into a bubble level for hanging pictures, etc..

And don't forget Star Wars Light Saber!!

Dave