[TriLUG] Android Phone vs iPhone vs other smartphones

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Mar 18 15:07:50 EDT 2010

On 3/18/2010 1:37 PM, Keith Woodie wrote:
> I really appreciate all of the helpful responses!

I forgot to mention one thing that I'm _really_ unhappy with on the
droid - the search function in the contact manager.  It is bad.  Way
beyond bad, really, closer to useless. Kinda shocking given that Google
is driving Android.  Since 1995 I've been able to search all contacts
by any field on my various incarnations of the PalmOS. In the Google
contacts app, you can ONLY search by first and last name (note that
google.com/contacts does not have this problem).  Search by company
name?  Nope. Search by city or street?  Nope. Search by nickname or notes?
Faahhgedaboutit!  This is a constant irritant for me.  So if you're
coming from Palm or any other OS with a contact search that is actually
usable, consider yourself warned :(

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services