[TriLUG] Android Phone vs iPhone vs other smartphones

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 15:47:44 EDT 2010

Also note, there is an update released today:

Starting 3/18, Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update
for the DROID by Motorola. Users will be able to upgrade their software to
version AP: ESE53/BP: C_01.3E.03P to receive new improvements and
enhancements.

   - At noon on 3/18, 1,000 users will receive notification of the update.
   - At 11:59 PM on 3/18, 9,000 more users will receive the update
   notification.
   - After the first 10,000 users receive the update on 3/18, there will be
   a 24-hour period when no additional upgrades will be delivered.
   - On Day 3 (3/20), 200,000 users will receive the update notification at
   11:59 PM. This schedule will continue each day thereafter until the update
   has been delivered to all users.

My Droid is currently running (if I parsed all these parts correctly):
ESD56/??: C_01.3E.01P which is firmware version 2.0.1.  I'm not sure what
the new firmware version will be, nor do I have a clue where the BP part of
the versioning comes from.  Look for your update this weekend I guess!  :)

David McDowell