[TriLUG] Multiboot CD Question

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Thu Mar 18 18:04:55 EDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Roy Vestal <rvestal at trilug.org> wrote:
> I have built 2 different CentOS live CD's for testing in our lab. As both
> CD's are 150MB uncompressed, I can easily fit them on one CD. I'm trying to
> figure out how to make a single multiboot CD from 2 seperate CentOS
> LiveCD's.

Googling for "usb multiboot linux" without the quotes got me this:

http://www.mepis.org/docs/en/index.php/Create_a_multiboot_CD_(or_USB_flash_drive)

Which looks like it's most of what you need. Let us know if that
works? Two suggestions from personal experience: (1) booting from USB
may be marginally more effort, but is worth that effort to make the
bootable USB image and learn to use it. (2) VirtualBox is a lovely
thing for testing stuff like this, but use whatever flavor of
virtualization that you find most tasty.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer
ibiblio.org systems