[TriLUG] Android Phone vs iPhone vs other smartphones

Jeffrey Macko jmacko at macko.net
Fri Mar 19 13:18:35 EDT 2010

USB power is limited to 500 milliamps.

Wall adapter power on my HTC Kaiser (running Android) is 1000 milliamps.

When I used to run windows mobile (before the goodness of Android existed)
it would use about 750 milliamps to have wifi, GPS (tomtom) and the
tethering software running while we'd take trips in the car.  Had to get a
dedicated 1 amp mini usb car charger to keep things running on long trips.