[TriLUG] can't connect to wap when move it to alternate location

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Sun Apr 4 15:29:57 EDT 2010

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Neil L. Little wrote:

> A CDMA transmission sounds like regular static. It
> elevates the noise floor just a bit more. I was just
> trying to make the point that the likely hood of cell
> phones/base station interfering from fm capture, front-end
> blocking or adjacent channel is not likely.

well my current (long hope) theory is that something is
interferring/intermoding with the wap and it's going silent
from CDMA. I take it you don't think that's likely.

> Metal studs are used in office construction because though
> the price of the materials is a bit higher all you need
> are a pair of tin snips and a couple of self taping screws
> in the top and bottom plates. The extra materials cost is
> made up in labor savings.

always good to learn something new. so why don't they use
metal studs in houses then?

> A good Marconii IFR (1200) service monitor can be found
> between $1-3k.

Sounds wonderful. As soon as I make enough money, I'll get
one (along with a vector network analyser, mill, lathe...)

> There are also several places in the triangle where they
> may even be rented.

never thought of that.

I'm going to try a gain antenna next. It's the cheapest
approach.

thanks

Joe