[TriLUG] "Best" file system for a 20TB array - CentOS 5.4

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 12:54:32 EDT 2010

At this point, I can install any x86-capable OS on the machine (it is a brand-new server with nothing installed).  If I went the ZFS route, I could simply install Opensolaris and be done with it (I have a solaris background...)  Since this will just be a NAS/CIFS box, I guess ZFS with OpenSolaris is a good option as well.

Sound reasonable?

-Ron