[TriLUG] how to copy librarys and there link structures.

Rodney Radford rradford at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 7 14:17:00 EDT 2010

I am curious why you would state that - what is wrong with static in this case?

I understand that it will make the application larger, and that the extra size cannot be shared with other processes like a library.  However, if the intent is to run a single (or limited) number of processes within a jail, it could actually take up less space - both on the disk and in memory - than copying over all the libraries.

So while it is not generally a good idea... for some applications, like the one mentioned here, or embedded systems (as I do), it is a great idea.

Rodney