[TriLUG] WWW2010

Glenn Hennessee glenn.hennessee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:51:07 EDT 2010

I'm not going but NCSU (my employer) is sending a visually impaired
student specifically to learn about HTML5 and accessibility. One of the
promises of HTML5 is the <video> tag for displaying video in the
browser. This will, hopefully and eventually, remove the need for Flash.
Flash is a nightmare for the visually impaired and difficult to make
accessible. It can be done, Adobe has put hooks in for doing it, but
having captioned video display in the browser that a screen reader can
access is the goal.

One thing I haven't heard about accessibility of is the <canvas> tag.
glenn

--
Glenn Hennessee
Department of Chemistry