[TriLUG] rhel 6 public beta

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:17:47 EDT 2010

So, this is interesting.  I installed RHEL5U4 today and noticed no XFS or ReiserFS commands were available.  However, I was able to do a "/sbin/modprobe xfs", and voila` - XFS support!  I simply had to download/install the latest xfsutils package to create the filesystem, but it appears the XFS driver is in the latest kernel.

I just created and mounted a 20TB XFS filesystem on my stock RHEL5 server...

-Ron