[TriLUG] VNC/SSH Tunneling speed

David Black dave at jamsoft.com
Fri Apr 23 11:38:00 EDT 2010

Please let me second a recommendation for NX, e.g. FreeNX.

Much better remote display performance than straight X over compressed(?) SSH as you're doing now, as well as TightVNC.  The server-side install is almost turnkey, it leverages the existing SSH server for transport, and there are client installer packages available for at least Windows and Linux.

Dave