[TriLUG] Intel processor Temperaturs

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Wed May 12 11:53:33 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> So John's CPU temps appear to vary much more with stress than do mine, always
> assuming my sieve of Erasthanes is as CPU stressful as his VirtualBox.

If you two want some common software to test with:

$ dpkg -l stress |grep ^ii
ii  stress                                     0.18.9-1
                               A tool to impose load on and stress
test a computer system

A smart person in #trilug pointed this out. I was mostly done with a
sillly shell script to endlessly compile a new linux kernel when this
was pointed out, too....

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer