[TriLUG] nominations

Jeff Schornick jeff at schornick.org
Wed May 12 17:53:44 EDT 2010

> And I also have a few nominations:
>
> Jeff Shornick

/me blushes

Thank you, Alan (and Justis).

Ironically, election day is the one meeting I'll be missing this year.
 That said, if the constituency so desires another option for the
steering committee ballot, I'll gladly accept the nomination.  I
simply won't be there in person to sway you all with my eloquence and
good looks.  =)

To be honest, outside of a (previously) solid attendance record and a
long-standing love affair with Linux, I have few of Jym's outstanding
qualifications.  That said, I do believe I'd be a positive addition to
the steering committee.

Along with a solid set of communication/organization skills and
enthusiasm for TriLUG, I like to see our membership more actively
involved in a few tech-related community projects.  We have so much
talent and tech to share, it would be great to show the Triangle what
the FOSS spirit is all about.  It would give our unemployed contingent
a way to keep their skills sharp and make contacts, and hopefully
introduce some good technology into a few needy organizations.

That, and I'd try to continue the great traditions of steering
committees past.  Great speakers, great pizza, sponsors, and all the
administrative bits that keep TriLUG alive and well.

And on that note, I want to throw my support behind any of the current
steering committee who are seeking reelection.  They have all done a
fine job, and it's been a pleasure to be a TriLUG member under their
leadership.  Great work!

  - Jeff