[TriLUG] automated signatures and checksums for sourceforge release

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Tue May 18 15:00:05 EDT 2010

Hey there TriLUG,

I'm wondering if any of you have experience publishing source packages
to sourceforge. I'm specifically interested in steps you took to
automatically generate pgp signatures and md5 or sha1 checksums. I'm
asking because I'd like to help out these nice folks:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/limesurvey/files/

Who are on a weekly cycle and are (understandably) hesitant to add to
their release workflow unless it's an automated process that would add
nothing more (in terms of human effort) than a prompt for a pgp
passphrase. Possibly there are some svn hooks you've implemented or
found that you'd be willing to share? I apparently can't find the
right search terms to find such a solution if one has already been
published.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer