[TriLUG] Linux version recommendations for OLD laptop...

Dave Cowan davecowan at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 01:22:32 EDT 2010

Hey Luggers,

I have an old Dell Latitude CPt S (yeaah, I know,  don't laugh). It has an 500
MHz Intel Celeron processor with 256 MB of  ram. I was able to successfully
install Windows XP SP3 but I'd like to  try a version of Linux on it.

I want to load Linux on it just to play around but have had issues  with Ubuntu
9.04 and 10.04. Any recommendations on a fairly recent  distribution of Linux
that I might be able to successfully load on this  dinosaur? Doesn't necessarily
need to be Ubuntu.

Thanks,

Dave