[TriLUG] Red Hat, GNOME, and Canonical, oh my

Tarus Balog tarus at opennms.org
Fri Jul 30 13:58:20 EDT 2010

On Jul 30, 2010, at 1:35 PM, matt at noway2.thruhere.net wrote:

> Brian (who's old enough to have fought these over Atari800 vs C64), you
> reminded me of those days and the wars between the C64 vs Atari and the
> C64 versus the AppleII versus the TRS-80.  In many ways I recall years as
> a mini personal computing golden age. In the days before the internet, we
> had communities of dial up BBS and services such as Q-Link (predecessor to
> AOL) and Compuserve.  Forums, email, on-line gaming, encyclopedias, etc.

I had a TRS-80 Model 1 and I remember the wars between that and the Apple ][. The TRS-80 has a slightly larger screen but was black and white while the Apple had color, and the "debates" between the two camps were quite often funny.

-T

Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer             Main:   +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                     Fax:    +1 503 961 7746
Email: tarus at opennms.org                    URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481  512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C