[TriLUG] cp and a new fs, eg ntfs

Derek Linz chapelhilllaptopshop at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:23:21 EDT 2010

I'm not sure on cp, but I do know you should avoid ntfs-3g if
possible-- it defaults to it sometimes but you may find you have a
plain mount.ntfs. In my experience it's up to 3x faster. For the copy,
I know I've used rsync and had a bootable windows disk as a result,
but I don't remember the necessary flags off the top of my head.

-Derek

Sent from my iPhone