[TriLUG] Red Hat, GNOME, and Canonical, oh my

Matt Flyer matt at noway2.thruhere.net
Sun Aug 1 20:48:52 EDT 2010

Hands down, M.U.L.E was my absolute favorite.  To this day I still play
that on the vice-64 emulator.  Never could win at it when I was younger,
but finally figured out how to as an adult.  When I was younger, I
always tried to screw the computer characters.  By doing so, you cold
come out on top, but would never get the top ranking score for the
colony.

There were a couple of others that were up there to, like Lords of
Conquest and Archon.  There is definitely something about those games,
which didn't have the flashy graphics, and complex story lines, but were
at least as entertaining as the current vintage.

Apparently, there was something in particular about M.U.L.E. that the
creator didn't like, because Dan (Danielle) Bunton specifically when out
of his/her way to get that game canceled and actually got a legal
injunction filled to prevent anyone from attempting to remake or
re-release that game in the future.  I wonder now that s/he is gone, if
that extends posthumously?