[TriLUG] OT: Google advertising for spammers?

Reginald Reed reginald.reed at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:26:31 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Joel James Adamson
<adamsonj at email.unc.edu> wrote:
> Russ Jones <russ at virante.com> writes:
>> The reason why they have a 99.9% deliverability rate is BECAUSE they have
>> been so effective, comparatively, of keeping out spammers, thereby allowing
>> them to keep their mail servers whitelisted with major ISPs and Email
>> Service Providers.
>
> Can you explain this a little more?  How is it that they have 99.9%
> deliverability --- and why they would even advertise that --- if they
> are not sending unsolicited email?  What else does that mean?

I believe they would advertise that to show how effective they are at
getting the content that they have been contracted to distribute
actually being distributed.  I personally don't think there is a
openly hidden message of "we're good at spamming."

Just my 2 cents.