[TriLUG] OT: Google advertising for spammers?

David M. turnpike420 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:52:36 EDT 2010

Maxwell, I appreciate that you seem to legitimately care that your list was
opt-in first.  100% of the spams I got were from people who decided I should
be on their list for me.  If only all list creators and users of iContact,
constantcontact, etc. services would act in such a way, but unfortunately
this is not true and this is why I feel the iContact model stinks.  They
have no way to prevent this, only to react when complaints come in.
Reaction in the world of IT leads to nothing but negativity in my opinion.
The only pro-active thing I see is their relationship building with ISPs to
make sure they can blast out the lists of their customers.  I truly
appreciate your care in creating a list that people are aware they are
participating in/signing up for.  My lists, the ones I choose are: Trilug,
my model railroad club and an old time jam group which are managed by Trilug
mailman, yahoogroups and my ownership of the yahoo group respectively.  :)