[TriLUG] Fwd: Linux Systems Admin through Apex Systems!
jmarkturner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:51:17 EDT 2010
Hi Linuxers! Recruiters have been all over me lately, so I'm passing the
Linux job goodness over to you. :)
I'm told this job is in Raleigh. Contact Megan directly at the info
below if you're interested. Good luck!
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Linux Systems Admin through Apex Systems!
Date: 13 Oct 2010 09:16:36 -0400
From: Megan Rowley <mrowley at apexsystemsinc.com>
We have an urgent need for a *LINUX SYSTEMS Administrator *! This
position needs to be filled as soon as next week. Interested candidates
can contact me right away at (919) 836-1234 - thanks so much~ Megan!
*Position: Linux System Administrator*
*6 Month to Hire*
*Basic Qualifications: *MySql, Postgres, Apache, ESX Cluster , knows
build and release engineering processes.
*Required Technologies: *PERL, PhP
*Additional : *Team oriented. Available to work on calls and wkends.
*Linux Systems Administrator*
An Internet marketing firm is seeking a seasoned Linux Systems
Administrator to join its team of dedicated professionals. Work in an
exciting and dynamic environment supporting high-volume web sites, and
managing Linux-based servers in a virtual environment. Must be able to
work as part of a team and communicate with technical and nontechnical
· Design, install and manage systems in a clustered VMware environment.
· Manage VMware ESX hosts using Vcenter and other VMware management tools.
· Support and administer production application and database servers to
ensure the stability, reliability and security of the systems.
· Work closely with a team of software engineers to support their
development and test environments, including the source code management
· Assist with the planning and design of systems architecture to allow
rapid scaling to meet demand.?
· Develop and maintain documentation related to the design,
installation, and administration of production systems.
· Monitor, evaluate, and solve potential hardware and software issues.**
· Manage projects, tasks, and requests in support of customer base.**
* Bachelor’s degree (preferred) with 5+ years experience as a Linux
systems administrator or related position.
* Experience managing an ESX cluster with shared SAN storage.
* Strong database skills, especially MySQL and Postgres .
* In depth knowledge of Apache web server configuration and tuning.
* Experience with network and systems security including server
hardening, intrusion detection/prevention, log management,
vulnerability assessment and remediation.
* Experience with web-based scripting languages such as PHP and Perl.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems.
* Knowledge of build and release engineering processes a plus.
* Strong verbal communication skills and a willingness to interact
with members of a variety of business groups.
* Willingness to work be on call and work after hours as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader, enjoy technical challenges,
be able to work independently, and have the ability to maintain a
positive attitude while working in a fast-paced environment. Experience
working in web and e-commerce environments is highly desirable.
APEX Systems, Inc.
5430 Wade Park Blvd., Suite 302
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
Toll Free: 800-552-5090
mrowley at apexsystemsinc.com <mailto:mrowley at apexsystemsinc.com>
More information about the TriLUG