[TriLUG] Request for laptop memory

Glenn Starling multifacetedguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 21:25:27 EDT 2010

Does anyone have some used memory for an old HP laptop (2004 vintage) just
lying around?  The memory is PC 2700-S, DDR, 333, CL2.5 memory.  The laptop
only has 256 MB in it, so any amount of RAM would be a welcome addition.  My
daughter just returned from living out of the country and is going to
upgrade computers, but I can barely get it to boot without more memory.
With my busy schedule, I was unable to get a stick (Fuquay Varina area) in
the only store I´ve had a chance to check--Office Max (or office Depot,
can´t remember) which was on my way to work.  A version of Linux would boot
and I could FTP the files, but my daughter really needs the computer to
operate for another couple of weeks.

I can purchase, borrow, or just say a really big ¨Thanks¨.  :)

-- Glenn