[TriLUG] Free equipment to good home...

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 11:18:55 EST 2010

Other places to offload stuff:

Freecycle.org, there's likely a group in your city.  YMMV

Craigslist: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/zip/  Much more effective IMHO.

Working/non-working computer equipment can also be donated for tax
deductions to the United Way.  They have a baseline acceptance
criteria though: http://www.unitedwaytriangle.org/t4t/.

Here is Durham's e-waste site.  It has links on how to find recyclers.
 http://www.ci.durham.nc.us/departments/solid/wr_electronics.cfm

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 12:25 PM, bidwell <bidwell at dead-city.org> wrote:
> Or to a bad home... I just need to get rid of some
> stuff before I move.
> I've got two 19 inch crt monitors. Both Viewsonic, one
> A90, one GS790.
> I have a Ultra Sparc 5, it's got a vga port and a 4 port
> nic card. I last ran OpenBSD on it.
> Last I have a Cube style computer with a mini-itx
> motherboard in it. This was my PVR before HDTV came
> along and made the video card not powerful enough
> for HDTV.
> I live in Durham, work in Chapel Hill, but if there's
> interest I'll try to make it to the meeting next
> week.
> If there isn't any interest in these machines, where is
> the best place to recycle electronics?
>
> Matt
> --
> This message was sent to: Joseph Tate <dragonstrider at gmail.com>

Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com
Web: http://www.dragonstrider.com