[TriLUG] OT: Earthlink and ISPs

tj bimasakti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 14:21:41 EST 2010

earthlink is using  Road Runner/TWC cable internet :|.

switching TWC to Earthlink is not making any better, since using the
same media : Road Runner cable internet.
Instead of  escaping from TWC, you are still in TWC with "earthlink" name :P

correct, earthlink is no good any more, like used to be.. when they
had local person to help consumer support level.
They will ping-pong you between TWC and Earthlink,  try to do
tele-conference  with earthlink and TWC.
Call earthlink first, dan request the support person to  call TWC....
in  this scenario, you will can strengthen the problem.with less time.

I still keep my earthlink, since may primary email is  earthlink :(.
Earthlik has email service only for 5-10 buck per month.

at&t has promo on direct DSL (without phone service).I got DirectDSL
promo mail around  twice a month in my mailbox.
one of my friend switched in early november from TWC to at&t, they
seem happy with at&t Direct DSL.

good luck...