[TriLUG] redundant job postings

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Dec 9 11:18:42 EST 2010

 > Where I would draw the line and I imagine that others would too,
 > is where the mailing list becomes an abused tool by the less
 > reputable recruiters...

That's what the "moderate" button is for... and I am not afraid
to use it.

The steering committee gets lots of requests from recruiters and
hiring managers.  Some want their job announcement posted for them,
and others want to join the list themselves.  I routinely warn
recruiters about what is acceptable (low volume, no attachments,
plain text, etc) and what is not.  Please let a steering committee
member know if you think someone is abusing the list.  And don't be
upset if we disagree with you.

We have about 700 subscribers on this list.  It's hard to keep all
of them happy.  But we do try.

Alan

.