[TriLUG] Errors during kernel compile

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Tue Dec 21 12:47:24 EST 2010

I am getting the following error during a kernel compile using the default
.config file. This seems to be happening in Centos 5.3 and multiple versions of
Fedora, including 12 and 14. As far as I can tell there are no packages missing
that I would need to perform a kernel compile; however something must be missing.

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `missing-syscalls'.  Stop.

Has anyone run into this before; and if so, do you have any idea how to correct it?

Thanks for any help.

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both