[TriLUG] Linux Printing Suggestions

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Mon Dec 27 15:14:54 EST 2010

> I agree. Brother is always good. I have also had good luck with HP
> all-in-ones. Definitely stay away from Lexmark. They can't even spell
> Linux.

Ironically, Lexmark's high-end business printers run embedded Linux
under the hood. But their consumer printers are all "win-printers",
where the instructions to move the print heads are done by the
Windows printer driver, and the printer itself only contains a few
dumb motors.

I will second the opinion that HP all-in-one's are pretty good under
Linux.

I would recommend a visit to http://LinuxPrinting.org to look for
specific model recommendations.

Alan