[TriLUG] Printers and windows support

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Sun Jan 16 21:04:12 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 8:10 PM, MG Monza <mgmonza at gmail.com> wrote:

> > A woman customer called the Canon help desk with a problem with her
> > printer.
>
> Cause women are soooo stupid.
>
> No wonder there are so few women in Open Source.

While it is true that there exists a gender disparity in Open Source,
there is a gender disparity in technology more widely, and we (at
least here at TriLUG) take that problem seriously. Seriously enough,
in fact, that we had a panel on it in 2008:
http://www.trilug.org/aug2008

Perhaps you would like to be involved in another such panel? If so,
please contact the Steering Committee directly and we'll get that
rolling. Regardless, I will speak with the other Steering members
about organizing such a panel.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal M. Palmer