[TriLUG] High Volume Hosting

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri Feb 4 11:36:46 EST 2011

> Off topic question for the list.  I'm looking for high volume, dedicated
> hosting for an upstart website.  We are seeing approximately 1 mil hits a
> month with 750-850GB of data transfer.  Currently this is all funded out of
> pocket, so I'm trying to save what I can on monthly expenses.  Any ideas on
> "affordable" hosting that would meet this need?

By "dedicated", you mean that a virtual private server would not
work for you?  I have been very happy with these guys.  For your
~1TB/mo transfer requirement, they would charge $53/mo.  I think
that would easily fit into most "out of pocket" start-up budgets.

http://www.tektonic.net/virtual-servers.html

Alan