[TriLUG] Upcoming vote on TriLUG non-profit status

Chuck Peters chuck.peters at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 15:35:24 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2011, Jeff Schornick wrote:
>
>  (*) I'd actually appreciate some advice on how to calculate any applicable
>> tax due by TriLUG, given our non-501c3 status.  Contact me off-list if you
>> can help. Thanks!
>>

> on-list
>
> how about taking the books to H&R Block, telling them you haven't a clue
> and ask them to handle it.

After hearing about some less well off people getting ripped off for a
simple online short form and spending $300, JR Hewitt is nothing more than
scammer in my opinion.

Perhaps this will help.  The IRS runs a program called VITA, Volunteer
Income Tax Assistance,
http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=107626,00.html, and you might
find some help there.

In our local area, a rural county in VA, I bet we could find an accountant
to help since I know the local VITA group included some Tax Attorneys and
Accountants.  And if that didn't work I could probably get my Mom who used
to work for the IRS and volunteer for VITA.  I would think in the more
populated Atlanta area you can find someone to help.

Chuck