[TriLUG] my vote on corporate status

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Fri Feb 11 10:18:51 EST 2011

> I'm glad to see you are agreeing with this position.
> I too am in favor of keeping the 501(c)(3) status.

The membership agrees with us.

Last night's poll resulted in:
- 21 votes for keeping/upkeeping the NC non-profit corporation
- 5 votes for running as an informal club
- 12 votes for "don't care"
- about 60 people making a mad dash for pizza without voting

Thanks to everyone for sharing opinions, pros/cons, concerns
and votes with the rest of us.  It was very helpful to me and
the others on the SC.

I would also like to thank the folks who volunteered to help
out with the paperwork that might be needed.  Thankfully, it
looks like it's just going to take a couple of postcard-type
forms, but the offer to help means a lot.

Alan

.