[TriLUG] Thinkpad Battery Charging Thresholds

John Brier johnbrier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 19:11:57 EST 2011

On Feb 15, 2011 3:58 PM, "Joel James Adamson" <adamsonj at email.unc.edu>
wrote:

> Hello Triluggers,
>
> Sorry if this is too far off-topic, but I've found better laptop advice
> on this list than anywhere else.  I recently bought a Lenovo Thinkpad
> I know that optimally the battery
> should be between 30 % and 80 % of full charge

Where did you hear this?

For my 3 year old Asus U3S which i beleive has a lithium ion battery i just
use it however my needs require. Most of the time its plugged in but when i
take it off AC it works fine, three years later.

> After a while of just unplugging when I got near 80 %, the battery
> remarkably stopped charging by itself.  I mean that I could plug it in
> and if it were below 30 %, it would charge up to near 80 % (79.7 % IIRC)
> and stop charging.

Almost sounds like "memory" that nickel cadium batteries used to have.

Also, if it was above 30 %, I could plug it in and

http://trashbird1240.wordpress.com/2011/01/16/fedora-14-on-lenovo-thinkpad-x100e-with-athlon-neo-mv-40/