[TriLUG] Favorite inexpensive mythtv remote?

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Mon Feb 21 10:01:16 EST 2011

Mark,
I have bought several Microsoft MCE remotes for MythTV systems over
the years.  I never had any problems with them.  They are supported by
LIRC [1], have a good range, and cost ~$30 each.  Check the LIRC
website for supported products.

The original version for XP [2] had a second power button that could
learn from the TV remote (Model 1039 Version 2).  Pity you can't get
them anymore.

If you are into electronics, you could always build a receiver...

[1] http://www.lirc.org/
[2] http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MCE_Remote