[TriLUG] Favorite inexpensive mythtv remote?

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 14:11:33 EST 2011

I use an Adesso ARC-1100 MCE Remote Control. Intrex has it for $19. The
nice thing about this remote is that it shows up as a USB keyboard.
There's no messing with LIRC. The downside is that you have to remap
some key with xmodmap to get everything to work. I have three front ends
and each uses an ARC-1100.

I used the following link as a starting point for setting up my key
bindings: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Adesso_ARC-1100

Ken