[TriLUG] Thinkpad Battery Charging Thresholds

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Tue Feb 22 11:49:04 EST 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Joel James Adamson wrote:

> However, two weeks or so ago, I accidentally drained the
> battery, and since then the old charging behavior (i.e. no
> charging thresholds) has returned.

The same happened to me after rebooting when the battery
returned to 100/96% behaviour (The values held for several
reboots, and then after one more reboot, were lost). I now
have the rc scripts poke values into /sys/..../BAT0/ on
bootup. It's been holding for a day now.

(I have a thinkpad and am using tp_smapi to access these
extended features in /sys/)

Joe