[TriLUG] Semi-OT: vmware vmotion

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Tue Feb 22 13:01:04 EST 2011

No, you need shared storage either FC, iSCSI or NFS.  I've not seen enough data to suggest the iSCSI has enough of a performance increase to add complexity over NFS.  And all versions of ESXi support vmotion, but you do need vCenter.

http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/buy/editions_comparison.html

Matt P.