[TriLUG] ulimit problem when trying to su - oracle

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Fri Mar 4 16:34:43 EST 2011

On 03/02/2011 01:56 PM, Blackburn, Marvin wrote:
> After a new system has been up for four or five days we get the
> following error when trying to
>
> login as oracle, or su - oracle (but no other user).
>
> Resource temporarily unavailable

I have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to this discussion, but
I do find it humorous that when you su - oracle, they "temporarily"
don't have any resources available, but when Oracle sues you (or, say,
Google), they seem to have plenty of resources available for their use,
particularly of the legal variety.