[TriLUG] OT: URGENT: H.129 to be heard in Thursday's Finance Committee!

Chris Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Mon Mar 14 15:33:57 EDT 2011

I dunno, looking at the pricing, it looks very fair to me. It is not a cap,
it is tiered pricing. If you use more, you pay more...just like electricity,
water, food, gas.  What am I missing?

On 3/14/2011 3:27 PM, matt at noway2.thruhere.net wrote:
> How much would you like to bet that the caps are aimed at preventing the
> downloading streaming media?
>
>> The cap is not for everyone and you will get a letter stating you are now
>> metered.
>>

>> On Mar 14, 2011, at 1:28 PM, Mark Turner <jmarkturner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello TriLUGers,
>>>
>>> Just yesterday, AT&T announced it would immediately cap it's U-Verse
>>> users at 250 GB per month. Anyone going over that cap (NetFlix users,
>>> for instance), will be socked with overage fees.
>>>
>>> http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Exclusive-ATT-To-Impose-150GB-DSL-Cap-Overages-113149
>>>
>>> This is what you can expect if H.129 passes and broadband competition is
>>> eliminated in North Carolina. You can COUNT on it!

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Web Performance: Website Load Testing Software & Services