[TriLUG] OT: URGENT: H.129 to be heard in Thursday's Finance Committee!

David Both dboth at millennium-technology.com
Tue Mar 15 10:29:22 EDT 2011

So it will basically prevent cities from doing what Wilson, NC did when Time
Warner refused to provide decent service by starting their own service. Wilson,
by the way provides _symmetric_ 10GB and 20GB (yes Gigabit) service via fibre to
the home for about $49. More if you want to pay more. It is considered an
infrastructure service like water and electricity.

This sounds like a bad deal to me, and that it is aimed directly at Wilson.

Don't get me wrong. I have TWC here at home and am getting good service from
them. But probably better service than most because I pay for Business Class and
have residential triple play to boot. But the asymmetric part sucks especially
as upload speeds are limited to 750Mb.

I would love to have Wilson's service here in Raleigh because no way I want to
move to Wilson.

David P. Both, RHCE
Millennium Technology Consulting LLC
919-389-8678

dboth at millennium-technology.com

www.millennium-technology.com
www.databook.bz - Home of the DataBook for Linux
DataBook is a Registered Trademark of David Both