[TriLUG] OT: URGENT: H.129 to be heard in Thursday's Finance Committee!

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Tue Mar 15 14:43:03 EDT 2011

I am not sure I understand the situation. Is TWC just throwing their
weight around, saying "either you disallow municipal broadband from
competing with us, or we lay off a bunch of people and the state will
have to support them"? If so, then the issue is far more interesting
than whether municipal broadband is a good idea.

The other question is "how does this bill benefit the consumer?" If it
does, can someone please show how, because I can't see it. If it does
not, then who does it benefit? Does it actually aid in job creation in
some way that I just can't see?

Igor