[TriLUG] script to convert/sync FLAC to MP3

Franklin Moody fmoody at moodman.org
Tue Mar 15 19:08:13 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 03:28:37PM -0400, Chris Merrill wrote:
> The script finished up and I can say that it did exactly what I expected - created
> a mirror folder structure containing MP3s base on the source folder containing FLACs
> and MP3s. It did not copy the existing MP3s - it ignored them.  When I drop in a
> new FLAC (or folder of them) and run the script again, it converts only the new
> files.
>
> Last task is to setup a cron job to do this every night :>
>
> Oh, and re-rip my older stuff in FLAC  :(

	Ah, the periodic re-rip of your audio...  Such times...

	Anyways, it is too late to help you, but I was curious if you'd looked at some of the FUSE stuff in this area.  I remember one FUSE fs that would
auto-transcode MP3s for you on the fly...  Mount it with your existing audio as the source and then pull MP3s as necessary.  Handy for devices on the network that
only used MP3s, singleton grabs of audio for special purposes, etc.

	Frank