[TriLUG] OT: URGENT: H.129 to be heard in Thursday's Finance Committee!

David Hostetler hostetler.david at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 19:37:19 EDT 2011

"And yet, you support a bill that will put roadblocks in front of other
municipalities that might want to pursue similar action for their
constituents."

I haven't read the bill and am planning to before I make my decision on it.
 I will support it, if it makes absolutely certain that the municipality
uses no tax dollars and in no way changes regulations to benefit their
service more than private based services.  I support a level playing field
for all, where the lowest bid wins, but you have to be careful where the
government is concerned because they have a conflict of interest.  They must
regulate, but at the same time be neutral.  At this point I have only read
what other people have stated after reading it, and am commenting on those
observations.

To make my stance a bit more clear, I am for capitalism, but not for
lobbyist and the like that corrupt the system.  I plan to read through the
entire bill and if there is something that will benefit Time Warner, and
only Time Warner, then I will likely be writing Mrs. Avila ( who is in my
district ) that she will not receive my vote next election.

----
Dave Hostetler
M: 919.333.0591
hostetler.david at gmail.com