[TriLUG] OT: URGENT: H.129 to be heard in Thursday's Finance Committee!

Mark Turner jmarkturner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:15:10 EDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 10:03 AM, Dave Sorenson wrote:
> You know, all yesterday I thought that this was an interesting
> discussion, but now I'm getting the sense that we are in the spin zone.
> Nobody argues a point this strongly unless they have a vested interest
> in the outcome of the legislation.

I'm just a politically-aware geek who's not ready to cede control of the
Internet to monopolies that abuse their position. This is sort of a net
neutrality issue for me and I see this bill as an attack on freedom of
speech on the Internet.

Point taken, though. I'll pipe down now. Thanks, all, for putting up
with my rant. :)

Mark