[TriLUG] steering at trilug.org

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Mar 17 16:43:11 EDT 2011

> will the mail system support any anti spam
> measures and if so, what ones are currently in place?

Yes, our postfix is set up to use RBL and greylisting.  Those
two countermeasures cut down on a lot of junk, and what does
get through is graded by spamassassin.  Interested members can
use sieve rules to discard or sort mail based on SA score...
you'd do that with a ~/.sieve file (see ~porter/.sieve for an
example).

If you'd like to see how postfix is set up, take a look at
/etc/postfix/main.cf on pilot.

Alan

.