[TriLUG] dual boot and partition access

Michael Rulison 13miketele at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 29 22:18:02 EDT 2011

Imagine:
     partition 1    ubuntu  / root; /home/user; and all the rest -- but
with v. little of my own in /home/user  [bootable]
     partition 2    ubuntu  /linux-home --- where I have copied the
above /home/user and have lots of my own files.
     partition 3    winXP with lots of pgms and data files. [bootable]

Question: If I 'move' my ubuntu /home over to /linux-home (as the
partition is registered) and make it my ubuntu /home directory (really),
will WinXP still be able to 'see', read/write to /linux-home partition
as it currently can?

Thanks

Michael Rulison	-	919.782.9576 	-	Volunteer
RTPnet (Public Information Network, Inc. (rtpnet.org)
3256 Lewis Farm Rd - Raleigh NC 27607-6723